Dear Family,
I intended to write emails but I figured creating a blog is easy enough and it makes it very simple to keep everyone on the same page. With that said, I just had my first exciting day in London. It began with a long flight (which was delayed on the ground in London for some time). Then I took the train to Paddington station, and being the tourist that I am I took pictures (will send those along later). Then it was just a short cab ride to the "hostel". I use quotes because there is nothing hostel about this place, I allegedly am living across the street from Stella McCartney.
After unpacking my belongings and getting to know some of the students on the program, we all decided to go to lunch. I spent the remainder of the afternoon walking around the park (Kensington Gardens), and lounging by a lake with some friends- needless to say the weather cooperated.
When I got back to the house the kids I have gotten to know thus far decided it would be a good idea to discuss weekend excursions. We planned for paris this weekend, rome and venice the following, staying in london the third (we have to stay to see a play for class) and finally a boat trip to amsterdam for the last weekend.
After a much needed nap, the gang and I went out to get pizza for dinner. They had this interesting dish where I was able to get a pizza that had the center cut out and instead of pizza there was salad-I thought that was clever. Then I stocked up at the grocery store, so I am set for breakfast for the next few days. Now, I am back at the house just hanging out with some friends but I will probably be heading to bed soon. All in all it was a great first day.
Everyone seems very nice and I am really looking forward to exploring more of the city and I am sure there will be more to report soon. Thanks again mom for putting so much work into making this trip hassle-free, I really do appreciate it.
Love, Hope
No comments:
Post a Comment