Monday, 29 June 2009

Monday, 6/29

Greetings Family,

Let me begin by saying that London is incredible. The weather has been beautiful (warm and sunny with just minutes of rain each day), and the city provides a seemingly endless number of activities and attractions.

Yesterday, I got up and had breakfast (yogurt and berries-and fruit is better here and the kitchen in the house is lovely) and then attended orientation with the GAs of the house and then our professors. Following a quick lunch we headed to Hampton Palace (Henry VIII's favorite castle and home of the famed Ann Boleyn/ the Tudors. The castle had very interesting decor (tons of animal heads) but my favorite attraction was the Royal Tennis Court, it is indoors and you play off the walls so it seemed to combine squash and tennis into one very amusing game. 

I start class in a half an hour and the plan for today is to go, with some friends, on a tour bus around the city so that we can orient ourselves. We will probably visit the London Tower (yes one day Ann Boleyn's house, the next where she was beheaded), and then tonight we will be attending our first performance,  Apologia at Bush Theatre.

Some of my friends do not have class on Wednesday and I have class 9-11 monday to Thursday so that will be the day for Wimbledon-my friends will get up early and queue up and I'll meet them after (sadly Roger is playing today so I don't know that he will be there but hey, its Wimbledon so I cannot complain). 

Needless to say, I love it here, all is well, and I am having quite an experience. 

Love,
Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment