Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Monday and Tuesday (7/6-7)

Hello All,

I forgot to mention in my previous blog that while in France I tried escargot. Didn't hate it but it was certainly not my favorite culinary experience.

Yesterday was a productive day. I went down to the laundromat with a friend and did 3 loads of laundry. Then, I got groceries for the week and spent the remainder of the afternoon in Starbucks reading the play Arcadia. I have found that coffee shops have the perfect amount of ambiance, more comfortable than a library and less noisy than most other places. 

At 530, three other members of the program and I headed over to the theatre. The play titled "Observe the Sons of Ulster Marching Toward the Somme", told the story of 8 men and their experience as volunteers in the 36th (Ulster) in WWI. The men all end up perishing, save one,  in the battle of the Somme. I thought the play was well acted but the writing was not exceptional so it was not my favorite.

Today we are touring the Globe Theatre and then attending a play at the National Theatre. I'll let you know how it goes.

Love,
Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment