Saturday, 6 March 2010

oops I forgot.. 3/6

So clearly you can tell the days here are jam packed and I totally forgot to tell you. I was sent this article by Debbie before i came because she thought it would be interesting and it is relevant because it is about poland:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/28/world/europe/28poland.html?pagewanted=all

well, I actually met this man and got to ask him questions. He came to our shabbat dinner and actually is a butcher in Poland so he brought us dinner. His story is very interesting but he sort of made light about the whole thing and I tried asking him how his beliefs could change so quickly and his answer was that he dealt with it a long time ago and has embraced judaism. Fun fact that i dont think the article mentions: his wife was a skin head too.

So strange. Like i said, it is a different world here and I am constantly reminded just how far I am from home.

ok must go to bed. We have a 645 wake up call tomorrow and I havnt been up that early since high school.

xoxo,
Hope

1 comment:

  1. wow Juanz, sounds like quite the eye opening trip. I'm sure it's hard to see/hear everything you are learning, but I'm glad you are surrounded by such a good group of people. Hope you're staying warm and managing to get some rest.
    Love you,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete