So, I bet you all thought that my return from London marked the end of this blog. Well, you will note that it is no longer titled "Summer in London" and instead has been updated to "Hope's Travels", a much more fitting title given the circumstances.
So, it is now almost 2pm and I am sitting in my room at Chi Omega looking at a pile of luggage (pile is an exaggeration, I actually packed pretty light). Most people are headed to Florida/Mexico or home for spring break. In lieu of these destinations I have opted for a slightly different adventure. I am headed to Poland for a holocaust tour and then to Prague to check out the Jewish community.
I must admit I am a bit apprehensive about what I will find in Poland. I have heard some areas are extremely antisemitic and I will be traveling with a predominately orthodox group. I was also warned that at this time of the year it is going to be painfully cold. And, while I would like to believe that I am prepared for what I am about to encounter at the concentration and death camps, I am sure that it is far worse than anything I could fathom. I am fairly certain that this experience will have a great impact on my view of the world and it is for this reason I have decided to chronicle my experience.
You can anticipate finding out about my daily routine/trips in this blog as well as my thoughts about discussions and excursions.
Ok, I better head to the bus. So, Ahoj (Czec), do widzenia (Polish) and I will be in touch soon.
xoxo,
Hope
Have a wonderful and safe trip, my Honey
ReplyDeletexoxoxo, Mom
Grandpa and Grammy will be interested in your impressions. The Military cemetery that the sender is writing about is at Hamm in Luxembourg or possibly the Lorraine American cemetery at St. Avold in France.
ReplyDelete