Greetings Family,
Yesterday was another sunny day in London (not Philly..apparently the mottos got switched). Anyways, I spent the morning in class, grabbed a quick lunch and then headed over to the Globe Theatre to see a performance of As You Like It. We are attending two shows at the Globe this month, one standing and the other seated. The teacher feels that this will provide us with diverse theatre-going experiences. Yesterday we stood (were groundlings for those of you up on your shakesperian terms). I loved the show but standing in one place for 4 hours was extremely painful on my heels. The theatre resembled the one you see in Shakespeare in Love, so that was pretty cool.
Then I came back to get some work done and plan the trips for the weekend. Final itinerary: Belgium thursday 2-friday 8pm, Paris until Sunday evening. I can't wait! Plus, it is only fitting to spend the 4th of July in Paris-I mean the French showed up in the 9th inning to help us win the war and I will be arriving there the day before the 4th, just repaying the favor :)
Today I had class and then three friends and I headed over to Buckingham Palace. The Queen is there so you can't go into the main part but I did see the Queen's gallery and the muze (place where they keep the horses and carriages). The Queen has some pretty impressive bling-my favorite was a necklace with a large three dimensional horse and knight (it was the size of my head). I think the rappers need to know that the queen's bling is far more flashy than theirs. There were also impressive suits of armor, beautiful china and some other interesting pieces. At the muze I saw the carriage that Princess Diana took to her wedding.
We have another play tonight (When the Rain Stops Falling) so I am going an hour early with friends to check out the area and get dinner. I think this will be my last blog until Sunday night since I don't know how safe my lap top will be abroad and I got all of my work done so I don't need to bring it. Enjoy the weekend, I hope it stops raining there and if you get a free moment would someone please email me the Wimbledon results.
you probably already know that Serena beat Venus is straight sets, Venus and Serena won the women's doubles, and Federer beat Roddick, but it went to 5 sets with a final score of 16 games to 14 because, as you probably know, there's no tiebreaker in the last set in Wimbledon!!!
ReplyDelete