Greetings! Feliz Jueves.
In honor of my last full day of Spanish classes I figured I would put up some speaking exercises for you to try at home. These have been some of my favorites and I am now able to roll my r’s which is great. The reason learning to do this was difficult is because it is a phoneme that does not exist in English and language acquisition involves losing the ability to produce sounds that are not required in your language. But my rrrrr is back.
“r” con “r” carro
“r” con “r” cigarro
“r” con “r” ferrocarril
rapido ruedan las ruedas del ferrocarril y el carro
(how to do this one: roll those r’s!)
for the proper tr sound:
tres tristes tigres tragaban trigo en tres tristes platos de trigo
a fun tongue twister (that corresponds to eenie meenie miney mo in English):
de tin marin de do pingue, cucara, macara, titere fue, you no fue, fue tete, pegale pegale que ella fue. (the que and ella are combined to make qu’ella)
Have fun sounding silly in the comfort of your own home!
No comments:
Post a Comment