After a tough day at clinic, the gang met for lunch at Magic Bean in Plaza Foch. We grabbed a quick lunch and then headed off to mitad del mundo-or the middle of the earth. The interesting thing about the monument at the equator is that it actually lies several degrees SOUTH of the actual equator. So we went and took pictures at the fake equator (But cool monument) and then walked five minutes down the road to the actual equator. It was a cool thing to see while I am here in ecuador.
Tomorrow is my last clinic. I am going to go after and tour the churches in old city. Then we have a meeting at the school to discuss the program (likes, dislikes, suggestions etc.) The whole program will be reunited tomorrow because the groups that went elsewhere for clinic will be returning to Quito. Then, we are all going on a chifa (party) bus for the evening to celebrate the end of the program.
On friday, my housemates and I are planning to take the Teleferico up to Pichincha volcano. There are amazing views of the city from where the tram takes you. But, you can also clime seven miles to the top of the mountain for an even better view. My friends said they will see what kind of state they are in after the chifa bus and determine just how athletic we want to be on Friday morning. I am fine either way. Like I said earlier, I have had pleeeenty of athletic outings on this trip. There is also a soccer game on Friday afternoon. Ecuador's national team is playing in the center of Quito so we may go to that. Then friday night Beth and Caitlin are leaving and my flight is early saturday morning so I will probably spend the night packing and makings sure I have not forgotten anything.
Because I have so little time left, I think this will be my last post while I am here. But I will write one more when I get back to philly to sum up the last few days and my thoughts on the trip/CFHI.
Can't wait to be home. Talk to you soon!
have a safe flight and keep in touch on the way back to Philly.............
ReplyDelete