I finished in 1:10:31
I finished 189/560 in my group (women ages 20-29)
aand because I would like to keep my ego intact I am not going to report what I finished overall, because that includes men so I did not do as well. Looking forward to the half in september and tufts 10k. I think everything will feel easier than this race.
Today I am taking it easy. I rented "Funny Face" on Itunes because my life was lacking Audrey Hepburn (I left my DVD boxset in philly). I am planning on going to bed very early because I have to be at the Magic Bean restaurant to meet my biking guide at 7am tomorrow. Then it is off to Cotopaxi for a one hour hike (to over 5000m) and a bike ride down the mountain. Boy this is going to be a physical week.
I also forgot to mention that yesterday morning I did some exploring in the city by myself. I heard that there is an artisan market, similar to Otavalo, and headed over there at ten in the morning. I picked up a sweater for me and a blanket for Lauren for a birthday gift. I also strolled around one of the parks, because these also have craft/art markets on the weekend. I sort of enjoy doing my own thing sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I am a social being and love having friends and companions most of the time. But sometimes, especially on vacation, it is nice to be able to go off and do what you want to do without having to wait for five other people to agree to do the same thing. I think this week I am going to go check out the churches that I passed on my race and maybe try to get to the mitad del mundo (equator monument). Hopefully the other kids on the program will join me, but if not it is nice knowing that I am ok doing things myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment